Monday, October 14, 2013

Day 20 - Weight Watchers and Cookies, Hit and Run




So the 5 amigos did the 5k Hit and Run in SLC this last Saturday 10/12/13. It was great fun! We were all pumped and had a great time going through the obstacles and pushing each other to excel. Laughs were all around and little bit of pain and soreness after all was said and done. Check out the video on the Bearded Runner channel, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfgK9rMSxu0 .We are all on our own pursuit of happiness and feeling comfortable in our skin. All our friends are looking great and have made some major improvements to their lifestyle, they truly are inspirations to us. One friend has changed their life completely losing 70 lbs and moving forward no matter what wrenches are thrown in their path. Another friend amazes us at their ability to turn their frown upside down and push through life's hardships and find joy in the exercise they are doing and they look so good!

Well after many nights of contemplating what I wanted to do, I finally decided I would join Weight Watchers. We have been working out consistently for 20 days now and unfortunately as hard as I have been working my tail off and sweating like crazy, I have only seen my weight drop from 184 to a steady 181.6. Although this is progress it is so frustrating. So I need to make a lifestyle change. I need a way to make myself accountable for everything I am eating. So far on Day 2 of weight watchers, day one officially, I met the requirements of 30 points. It is surprising how healthy choices really do allow you to eat more without feeling guilty. The other thing I like, I don't have to be super nervous about what I am eating or how many calories are in what I am eating. It is nice I must say. Alex and I have been going over meal ideas and I think I will redo my beautiful menu board and create a new one. Change all around in the Hill house.

Saryn is our crazy kid who we call our personal trainer she is a source of much of Kelsie's drive to be healthier. She wants to be able to keep up with Saryn now and in years to come. It's amazing what a small child can do to make you want to turn your health around. Today, 10/14 she learned how to climb out of her crib... we might be in trouble now....


Well that's all we got for now! Keep on keeping on. Don't let the past keep you down use it as a stepping stone to get you to the next point in life! Love you all!

The Whacky Chels
Alex
Kelsie
Saryn

No comments:

Post a Comment